Here’s a 1 day stress-free and budget itinerary for those that only have a short stopover in London. By that I mean no tight schedules, no fees or lines at attractions- just a relaxing stroll in the park, stuff your face kind of day.
We’re not museum people. All we wanted to do in London was see all the major sights and eat; so we did just that. If you love taking your time at art galleries, parks, or museums, you’ll want to skip this. But if you love eating and admiring beautiful architecture like us, this the perfect itinerary is for you!
Because you’ll be outdoors for the whole day until the sun sets, you’ll see the beautiful city transform as it lights up in color. Extra points for burning off that delicious English breakfast you’ll be eating for brunch!
- Brunch in SoHo
- Walk to Trafalgar Square
- Head towards Buckingham Palace
- Head towards Big Ben via Birdcage Walk
- Cross Westminster Bridge and continue to London Eye
- Walk along the South Bank
- You’ll come across Millennium Bridge and St. Paul’s Cathedral
- Arrive at Tower Bridge
- Hop on the tube from London Bridge station and take the Northern Line towards King’s Cross
- Dinner at Dishoom (highly recommend it!!)
- Make a stop at Platform 9 ¾ if you’re a Harry Potter fan!
Big Ben against the beautiful blue sky!
London Eye from the Westminster Station exit
London Eye from Jubilee Park
We didn’t make stops at Trafalgar Square or Buckingham Palace since we didn’t arrive in London until 3 in the afternoon. We also didn’t have time to visit King’s Cross until the morning just before our departure flight back home. Assuming you follow the above itinerary, the walking time from SoHo to Tower Bridge will take about 1 hour and 50 minutes. That’s plenty of time for you to take it slow! This journey obviously wouldn’t be very pleasant if it were raining, but we were blessed with a beautiful sunny day.